Let your light shine (Matthew 5:14-16)
We are a partnership between school, home and parish. We recognise through the respect we have for each other that every one of us is unique, with special talents. By letting our light shine we reflect the love God has for each one of us. In our school we try to live out the Gospel message. We do this by showing our love and respect for God, our love and respect for each other and our love and respect for all of creation.
We are ‘the light that gives light to the world’.
At Our Lady of Lourdes we aim to;
- Develop in all children a love of God and an awareness of the Gospel teachings, having a respect for religious and moral values and a tolerance of the diverse races and religions of our world.
- Give ALL children, regardless of gender, race, ethnic origin or ability, every opportunity to reach their full potential, intellectually, spiritually, socially, emotionally morally and physically.
- Maintain and raise educational standards through quality planning, quality teaching and assessment of a broad, balanced and creative curriculum matched to meet the personalized needs of each individual.
- Develop a confidence, independence and self-discipline and a desire to learn in everyone in school.
- Enable all pupils to acquire skills, knowledge and understanding relevant to a fast changing, technological world.
- Encourage parental support in their children’s learning at school and at home and to make school an attractive and welcoming place where all feel comfortable and able to participate.
- Foster strong links with the local and global community through visits and visitors, competitions and fund-raising, communication and participation to become an essential and valued member of the community.